Bonegilla Demographics (VIC) Local Stats

Bonegilla (3691) is a suburb of Northern Victoria, North Eastern, Victoria. It is about 259 kms from VIC's capital city of Melbourne. Bonegilla is in the federal electorate of Indi.

In the 2011 census the population of Bonegilla was 294 and is comprised of approximately 45.9% females and 54.1% males.

The median/average age of the population of Bonegilla is 45 years of age.

92.2% of people living in the suburb of Bonegilla were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 3.1% England, 1.7% Netherlands, 1.4% South Africa.

98.6% of people living in Bonegilla speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 1.4% Dutch.

The religious makeup of Bonegilla is 35.2% Catholic, 22.9% No religion, 18.8% Anglican, 10.2% Religious affiliation not stated, 4.1% Uniting Church, 2.7% Presbyterian and Reformed, 2.7% Baptist, 2.4% Christian, nfd, 1.0% Buddhism.

61.9% of people are married, 28.7% have never married and 5.7% are divorced and 3.6% are separated. There are 0 widowed people living in Bonegilla.

64.7% of the people living in Bonegilla over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 31.0% are working on a part time basis. Bonegilla has an unemployment rate of 2.2%.

The main occupations of people living in Bonegilla are 18.2% Managers, 18.2% Technicians & trades workers, 17.1% Professionals, 14.4% Sales workers, 10.5% Clerical & administrative workers, 9.9% Labourers, 5.0% Community & personal service workers, 3.3% Machinery operators & drivers, 3.3% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Bonegilla work in are 18.2% Retail trade, 12.7% Construction, 11.6% Health care and social assistance, 9.9% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 7.2% Manufacturing, 6.6% Public administration and safety, 6.6% Wholesale trade, 6.1% Education and training, 5.0% Inadequately described/Not stated.

40.4% of homes are fully owned, and 40.4% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 19.2% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $619 per week and the median household income is $1307 per week.

The median rent in Bonegilla is $163 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1300 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Bonegilla postcode 3691

  • Qpzm LocalStats Victoria Suburb of the Day: Malmsbury 3446 -> Northern Victoria -> Victoria